Thursday, March 13, 2008

Used Pontoon Boats - Never get to Drive the Pontoon

Hi gang, Rick here again with Used Pontoon Boats with a cute article from Jody "The Hunter's Wife". Be sure to read the comments left too.

I’m sure you are all wondering why I never get to drive the fishing boat or pontoon boat so I thought I would share my reasons…

* Mark likes to be the manly man at the wheel.
* Mark can’t sit and just enjoy the view.
* Mark is afraid I will hit a rock and he will fly out of the boat. (Me too.)
* I might hit a sandbar and again he fly's out of the boat.
* Mark is afraid the other guys on the lake will see me driving and not him.
* My dog would need to sit on my lap.
* Mark loves driving the boat.
* If I had to park the boat, me and the boat would end up on the pier.

I have always been perfectly content with Mark driving, Mark fixing my fishing reel, Mark putting my line on my rod, Mark putting my lure on my rod, Mark getting my rod unstuck from the brush, and Mark taking the fish off the hook. When going out fishing with Mark I feel very uncoordinated. Even though I am the girly girl, I am very competitive when it comes to sports.

So this year I plan to learn all of that myself for our spring fishing trip. Although, the thought of taking the fish off the hook is giving me hives right now.
It's payback time!


11 Responses to “ Why I Don’t Drive The Fishing Boat or Pontoon ”

1. # 1 Blessed Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 7:04 am

Driving a boat is easy - unless of course the guys are snagging and they hook a fish or a limb or a car in the bottom of the river and you have to instantly throw the boat into reverse and work with them and against the current to get the fish in or get their line freed - now the really fun time to drive a boat is in summer when the hunter is out back on a tube and you get to try to throw them off the tube into the lake - that’s fun summer, it’s too hot to fish, entertainment! We’ve got a 19′ flat bottomed jon boat with a jet motor so it turns really fast - makes the tube runs a lot of fun - you just have to make sure that anytime you get on the tube, you have a kid with you… otherwise it’s payback time :)
2. # 2 Jeff Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 8:52 am

Jody,

There is only one way to learn… and that is to jump right in. Hand Mark a beer and tell him to get out of the way!
Oh yeah, and tell him to put on his seatbelt and life preserver - then hang on. LOL
3. # 3 kristine shreve Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 9:19 am

I don’t take my fish off the hook either, or change my own hooks for that matter. I usually go fishing with my Dad or my Uncle and they always do it for me.

I probably should learn to do it myself, but I figure if they’re willing to do it, I’ll let them.
4. # 4 Kris Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 11:19 am

I can see why Mark likes to drive the boat…his fishing time has to be cut down with helping you get all that done…besides, its a man thing…i rarely even let my wife drive the car when we are going somewhere.

I’m betting if you learn to do all the other stuff while fishing, Mark will be so impressed he will let you drive the boat!

btw, you will enjoy the fishing even more when you do all that other stuff for your self!

good luck on getting to drive the boat
5. # 5 Arthur Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Do what my wife does Jody. Pull your shirt sleeve down over your hand and then take the fish off. Works very well for her and provides more fishing time for me:):):)
6. # 6 Lisa365 Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 2:41 pm

aww, all the best! I hope you can learn it all really fast :D
7. # 7 adam Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Tell him if you catch a bigger fish than him you want to drive the boat. Then catch a whopper and tell him you are driving, don’t even ask!
8. # 8 Jody Says:
March 5th, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Blessed, you sound like an experienced driver.

Jeff, he would need a life preserver.

Kristine, sometimes I’m o.k. with “that’s what guys are for”.

Kris, Mark spends a lot of time messing with me and all my fishing issues.

Arthur, I don’t think I can handle a fish that close to me.

Lisa, thanks. I hope so too.

Adam, I normally catch the biggest fish. :)
9. # 9 Bill Dodson Says:
March 6th, 2008 at 12:23 am

Great blog, and you did good work on the guest blogging gig. By the way, these are the same reasons my wife doesn’t drive the Jeep when we’re out tooling around forest roads. I don’t want to end up rolling down the mountain side, and neither does she!
10. # 10 haleyhughes Says:
March 6th, 2008 at 3:17 am

Sometimes it’s good to shake things up and bit and try scary things. And, definitely, the thought of baiting my own hook, and then taking the fish off the hook is a little scary.

Do you catch and release? Or do you have to gut the fish yourself, too? Yuck.
11. # 11 Jody Says:
March 6th, 2008 at 4:58 am

Bill, thanks for reading my guest blogging and I sure wouldn’t want to drive around a mountain side either.

Haley, we keep what is allowed for the fish. As far as gutting them, I am no where around.

Thanks to the TheHuntersWife.net for this.

Be sure to check out this weeks latest Pontoon Boat Videos

Used Pontoon Boats, By Rick Ostler
Pontoon Enclosures-North American Waterway

Also we value your comments, if you can add more info in regards to this article please do so. Thanks............Rick

No comments: